Our JCMH staff is available to provide technical assistance to Texas state and local courts to implement policies and procedures within the justice system that improves the lives of individuals with mental health needs, substance abuse disorders, or intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD).
Our team can help with the following types of technical assistance:
- Providing training resources for local judges/lawyers on specific mental health related laws and procedures;
- Providing on-site assistance, such as facilitating a Court MHAP Workshop;
- Participating in planning meetings and offering feedback;
- Connecting Judges and attorneys with peers for mentorship, advising, and brainstorming;
- Creating, expanding, or improving your own county mental health court;
- Facilitating virtual or in-person meetings between judges, mental or behavioral health experts, lawyers, and more;
- Assisting in finding external sources of technical assistance.